Make a Popular Web Tool in 23 Easy Steps
Creating a great webtool that you want to share with the world is easy. Just follow these simple steps for success.
- Create cool web tool that you want to share with the world for free.
- Decide to lightly monetize to help pay for server costs.
- Pick domain with maximum SEO value, .io preferred
- Build scaleable website with fully responsive design. Spend hours deciding which build system to use.
- Implement A/B testing to compare navigation systems and sidebar placement. Conclude with the perfect shade of blue.
- Add 3rd party analytics system for behavior tracking. Design perfect schema for all possible current and future user events.
- Compare three advertising networks for monetization. Give up and just use Google.
- Not enough traffic to pay for tracking systems. Raise seed round.
- Create accounts on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and a Facebook Group. Get into argument over whether Google Plus is worth it anymore. Make subreddit.
- Create social media posting calendar with ideal schedule for maximum user acquisition. Hire marketing team to implement the calendar.
- Build blog and content marketing plan. Use Google Trends to determine the best keywords for traffic optimization.
- Calculate ideal time for launch post on HackerNews and ProductHunt. Find three other CamelCased websites to launch your project.
- Two weeks before launch recruit everyone you've ever met or tweeted into a voting ring. Sign up for Thunderclap account to extend social reach and coordinate posting for optimal exposure.
- Create newsletter. Schedule email campaign with ideal subject line to maximize open rate. Extra emojis help.
- Launch day. Synchronize posting across all media accounts and submit ideal Show HN post.
- Zero hits.
- Launch crowdfunding campaign to raise money for buying retargeting ads across multiple audience cohorts and geo-spatial-regions. Increase emoji use.
- User acquisition still low. Conversion Goals still unmet. Add three new tracking systems to compare traffic channels with funnel visualization.
- Syndicate branded pre-built content stream to fill social media content plan. More emojis.
- Reduce burn rate. Fire marketing team. Liquidate corporation. Seed investors file lawsuit.
- Sell house. Declare bankruptcy.
- Wait six months.
- Create cool web tool you want to share with the world.
Posted February 14th, 2018